Sunday, July 25, 2010

nubs



I connected with what I call the "nubs" that protrude off LUBA. The feel to me like the pimples of the piece. Like organic growths. waiting to be plucked off. I wanted to portray a nub but I have never carved anything thing ever. So i attempted it. I went to Lowes and bought a plank of cedar and had to guy cut it for me and I had no tools so I spent somewhere around $70 on tools but I wanted to experience the idea of carving this nub. It was a very frustrating 4 hours. It looks like a shitty 4 hours but it was my process of creating a LUBA nub. LUBA is rubbed with graphite so i rubbed my nub with graphite as well. I then sanded it in with 150 grit sandpaper to make it more worn in. LUBA is weathered and I could not gain that look of course, but this is my shotty attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment